Re: [Harp-L] Crate V5

I'd look long and hard at the Epiphone Valve Jr half stack for $249 at Musician's Friend.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Jr-HalfStack?sku=481475&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=60968511

This amp has been out for several years now and it has evolved. I've heard a clip of one of these with a Lone wolf delay and it was absolutely fat sounding. Might be fun to A/B it with the Crate V5 and maybe the Blackheart head. The Epiphone that's being marketed currently isn't the same as the original version. The new one has DC filament voltage instead of the previous humming AC.(amongst other improvements) Lots of mods out there for this amp too. I'm amazed that it's possible to buy a 5 watt tube head with a 1X12 extension cabinet with an Eminence speaker in it for $249. I was never a huge fan of the VC 508 but then again the first iteration of the Epiphone Valve Jr was pretty much universally panned. fjm