Re: [Harp-L] Runaway- Bonnie Raitt

<venkyr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<There's a harp track on Bonnie Raitt's song called Runaway. I think the
<song is being played in the key of "C" so an "F harp" 2nd pos
<should do it. Anyone know more about what other positions on this harp or other
<compatible harps one could use.

The solo is played on 4 harps--F, Eb, Db, and C.  Norton switches (in that order) at every chord change, cycling from the F harp to the C harp as the changes repeat.

It takes a lot of practice to get all those harp switches right.  I saw Norton fumble it once on a live performance on a late night rock concert TV show.

Regards, Richard Hunter