[Harp-L] recording jason's blowoff

so, it sounds like a great lineup for the jason ricci harp blowoff
at spah this year.  given that it seems like many of you own zoom
or other digital recorders, i thought i'd try and encourage you to
record this for posterity.  ideally, someone with enough memory to
record wav files, and maybe a mic stand to get above the crowd noise.
but any recording would be great to have, and if we get several, so
much the better.

if anyone does record this, i'd be happy to help in any way to get
it on the archive.  just let me know.

also, one really important point.  unlike a regular JRNB show, where
you know he's ok with recording, not all of the guest artists at the
blowoff may be comfortable with having their set recorded.  jason's
going to feel them out on it in advance, and if an artist does not
want their set recorded, he'll announce it when the set starts.  in
this case, please just turn off your recorder until the next set.

this way we avoid stepping on anyone's rights.  and being explicit
about it should help avoid any misunderstandings or hard feelings.
it's only sharing if the owner wants it shared.

can't wait to hear this.

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.