From: Bradford Trainham <bradford.trainham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Over-Draw?... Or Harmonica Pathology...
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, August 8, 2008, 3:47 PM

So... I've always wanted to work up some arrangement of the old James Brown
song Night Train...
I've figured out bits and pieces of it..., and even compensated for the
dual-voicings from the two saxes??...
But something crazy happened today.
At one point in the song, the horns are filling out part of a g-seven chord
with the emphasis being on a high b with a less prominent f underneath it.
I actually got that to happen on a c harp, second position and I followed it
up with an eighth note passage g-b-a-g-e-d-g-c-b... The second g being an
octave lower than the g at the start of the little run/pattern/passage...
On the original recording, the next passage has a b-flat sounding while the
band is playing a c-7 followed again by a g and then a repeat of the little
run...
And now my question...  In a momentary lapse, I forgot that we aren't
supposed to be able to get bends out of draw 7... And I... Somehow got that
b-flat up there...
So...
1... Is an over-draw possible on hole 7?
If yes..., would the desired pitch be b-flat?
If no..., My God!  What have I done????
Brad (I'm sure pathology will get the most votes.) Trainham