[Harp-L] Suzuki Overdrive Video; Lapel Mics

A video demonstrating the Suzuki Overdrive harp has been added to
http://www.youtube.com/SuzukiHarmonicas

A unique and highly innovative harp with a patented design, it is
similar in some ways to the Hohner XB-40: it has huge expressive
potential, but is still awaiting a dedicated master player who shows the
full range of what it can do. Maybe that could be you? :) But, as shown
in the video, even as a training harp for overblows and overdraws it has
its uses for those who prefer standard harps.

LAPEL MICS
I've been experimenting with lapel mics to get a fat distorted sound
with hand effects, and really love them. However, there are a couple of
drawbacks:

1. They are mostly omnidirectional and a bit prone to feedback, and
2. They don't come with volume control (or not the ones I've found)

Is anyone else using lapel mics? I'd be interested to hear of your
comments.

Re. the volume control issue: the master in that field is Greg Heumann,
who has made me a few units already for my normal mics. They are
fantastic, and I'm working with Greg on coming up with a good volume
control for my lapel mics. He really goes the extra mile in sourcing
parts and trying new ideas. I'm looking forward to meeting him at SPAH
and tinkering.

It's gonna be fun! See you there,

Brendan
WEB: http://www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>