Subject: [Harp-L] The weird world of Ebay Harmonica

That's wild...the 'tribal demon' sterling harmonica, at least.  I have  one,
given as a gift from Bobbie Giordano....I believe she collects them when  she
can find them, to give to other friends too.  I absolutely love  mine...wear
it at every convention..and anywhere I go where I want people to  know I play
harmonica, since it also blends so well with all my other silver  jewelry.
It's just stunning, although some people have thought it was a  mezuzah
(sp?)...but it sure does garner attention.  Mine only blows one  note, although I think
the one Bobbie has for herself does play a bit  better.  No matter..I
treasure it not only because of its look, but  the provenance - our
friendship/connection, made through this harmonica  world....and wear it as much as possible.
Anyone thinking about this one should  be aware that they're welded shut..
cannot be opened to 'adjust' reeds,  however.

Elizabeth

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 23:45:37 -0700
From: "Billy James"  <billyjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm a little hard up for  entertainment but during some spare time I did a
bit of perusing looking for  that ultimate Johnny Cash Harmonica and here's what
I came up with.
For the  guy who has  everything:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vintage-Bakelite-Rolmonica-Harmonica-with-8-Music-Rolls
_W0QQitemZ140255910311QQihZ004QQcategoryZ119095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi
ewItem
For  that special trendy Birthday gift to the woman you love [next to harp
playing]:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRIBAL-DEMON-HARMONICA-CARVED-STERLING-SILVER-PENDANT_W
0QQitemZ320281142084QQihZ011QQcategoryZ110498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView
Item
...and  for the not so trendy  guitarist:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transducer-Beer-Cap-Pickup-for-Guitar-ALL-Instruments_W
0QQitemZ250278513362QQihZ015QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI
tem
"Mummy  buy me a watch for  Christmas":
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Harmonica-Musical-Instrument-Watch_W0QQitemZ28025290627
0QQihZ018QQcategoryZ16228QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
For  the guy with it always on his  mind:
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/cnymusic/harmonicacap.jpg
?vvid=58592675&allow_mailing_list=1&sp=0&vsid=1&vgp=0&vimgs=harmonicacap.jpg,h
armonicacap2.jpg
For  the guy who likes to play with  electricity:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SK9-Little-Honker-Harp-Mic_W0QQitemZ300248300278QQihZ02
0QQcategoryZ47078QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Read reviews on AOL Autos.