[Harp-L] Westside Andy's newest

Greetings Harp-L:  I know there are a few people out there who have heard of harp player Westside Andy from Madison, WI.  Just thought I'd let you know the new album, 'Alley Cat' came out about six months ago and is now available on i tunes and cdbaby.com as well as his website www.westsideandy.com.  He's got a hot band and the only cover on the album is a song written by Kim Wilson that was a rockabilly hit called 'She's Hot'.  If you like great tone and rhythm, take a listen to this album.  This self-produced recording is of great quality and features a variety of solid blues harp techniques.  I wouldn't have started playing this damn thing if I hadn't been mesmerized hearing him play on a Monday night 10 years ago in downtown Madison in a band with his current guitarist Mel Ford and with Clyde "The Funky Drummer" Stubblefield on drums.  For the gear-heads out there he plays a Sonny Jr 4x10 on the album.

See you soon at SPAH!

Paul Sabel