Re: [Harp-L] Golden Era Thread

Offering an opinion sure opened up a small floodgate - the ones who
responded on and off list with the "smack Larry's wrist" may be those who are
projecting too much of their personality into the discussion. In the past,  I've
rubbed people the wrong way when my approach was wrong. Perhaps some still  have
that old residue still sticking to their opinion. I understand - totally  human
nature.

By stating Bob did the hotel/banquet/negotiation and that I did the rest  was
not to stroke myself publicly, but simply to state that with a solid vision
from the top and effective execution, it's not really that hard to focus an
organization and its convention. If I could do what I did, others can, too. I'm
 not a magician - just someone very focused in creating an event. My
experience  has been that too many people in too many committees will dilute the
project and  open up the door to political posturing at the expense of the
convention.

Winslow suggested that I run for President. I don't think it will work
because of that old residue and history that exists. For instance, if I were to
re-do SPAH, too many people would resist because the momentum has run for too
many years into that political stuff and the cliques are firmly in place.
Personally, I wouldn't have the patience to deal with that energy drain - good
luck to all in improving and making SPAH what it is to become.

Larry

Read reviews on AOL Autos.