Re: [Harp-L] High end tongue block bending

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx
>wrote:

> Briefly, yes, you can tongue block high blow bends. Start with a very low
> pitched harp, as this helps bring the pitches (and the required mouth
cavity
> volumes and shapes) closer to what is already familiar.
>
> Winslow

Hello
I can hardly play pucker style. I cannot even whistle, except through my
teeth. I can only tongue block and I always TB on upper blow bends. I cannot
OB or OD except for the 10 hole OD which I do with TB and rarely use. I
tried GG's straw bit and I found that I could get a very nice, nearly in
pitch, OB on hole 4 if I held the straw to the harp instead of my mouth. I'm
trying out a valved diatonic now.
Peace
Steve Merola