Re: [Harp-L] Golden Age of Spah

I appreciate your ire, since Iceman's comments incited some anger in me as well and might be seen as an abomination by others.  Of course, I don't have his tenure in the organization and am willing to accept that things might have been different before I arrived.  Having begun my membership in 1999, I have a great admiration for all who have contributed to my enjoyment of this organization.  That includes Doug Tate, Paul Davies, Tom Stryker, you, Warren Bee and a host of others too numerous to mention here.  However, these two paragraphs appear in the introduction to Harp-L:
"Harp-L is a public forum for free speech on all topics concerning
harmonicas.  It is sponsored by SPAH, Inc., (http://www.spah.org),
the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica,
a Michigan nonprofit corporation, with support from the American
Harmonica Newsmagazine and the members of Harp-L."

"SPAH does not edit or censor the information posted by subscribers,
and the views and opinions expressed by the subscribers are not
to be considered those of SPAH, Inc.  However, SPAH does support
the accepted rules of "Netiquette," as directed by the list owner."

Though some of us may not subscribe to the opinions of Iceman in this regard, unless our webmaster chooses to censor him (perhaps an abomination in itself), I think the rules stated above grant him the freedom to state the unpopular if he chooses to state it.

I have spent a career in association management.  Dissenters are contributors.  The evolution of this organization in the almost 10 years that I have been a member is proof of that.
I look forward to seeing all of you in St. Louis.
Mark Russillo
a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid