Re: [Harp-L] Countdown to SPAH

I went to two California SPAH conventions that were fairly large affairs. This event adressed many needs of the west coast.

Why not pick the occassional vacation spot for the convention? I grew up in Kansas City. It always promoted itself as ideal for conventions based upon it's central geographic location. While I love my home town, I'm honest with myself that Missouri does not have a romantic port city like San Francisco.

Many interesting cities deserve attention, but if they are in what we left coast residents call a "fly over state," the interest fades.

A vacation destination assures that if spouses, partners and family do not share our love of the instrument, they can still have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone