[Harp-L] Jimi Lee's new rack mic/SPAH

As some of you cats know I've been hangin' low the past 2 years on the harp
mic builds for good reason and have only piddled around without any mojo
whatsoever (the mic projects were always on my mind, but it was a matter of
when to get it on again).  There's been Mark, Jon, Wezo, Dennis in NY,
Darrell, Ray, Brian and Rockin' Ronny In Luxembourge who've thrown good
vibes my way when life seemed like a jigsaw puzzle.  You cats are cool man!

Now Charlie Musselwhite has been wanting a mic for some time and when we
chatted at the club for a while and talked about life and why I haven't made
him a mic yet, well, one thing he said with his wise ole' eyes and that time
tested humble smile was this, "Life's hard that way."  He told me twice
because he knew it didn't sink in the first time.  4 words....Less is more!
Very profound inpact on my mindset.  In other words just keep on truckin'
and let time heal.  His mic is next.

Enter Jimi Lee and his always upbeat and always positive influence, not
because he knows I have the mind for this new gear and wants it, but because
he's just that way.   Jimi's as cool as they come.  If I ever get married
again that guy is playing......no disc jockey's at my wedding.
Now I've been slooooooowly.........working on this rack mic for him
with grinding tone never heard before with rack players in the harmonica
playing world, EVER!  Another odd element with a little tweaking that I'm
known for.  This was a project that entered my mind over 2 years ago and  I
made a quickie last year for him, but  I wasn't happy with the finish as my
heart wasn't in the mix yet, although the tone was good.  I could clearly do
better.
Now:
  Clear the streets as this new mic ain't bothering to take names.
  It grinds!   I'll be running it through Gary's SJ Cruncher maybe Tues  or
Wednesday afternoon for the ultimate test with that nasty "cat trying to
claw it's way out of the cabinet tone that his amp emits".
The whole mic shell will be a bit different,  but it's the tone I was after
and you can hear it for yourself if he decides to go non-acoustic at SPAH.

Never give up!
steve
www.thunderharpmics.com
fattest tone on earth!