[Harp-L] SPAH Publicity - Radio Interview Tomorrow

A few months ago I started a new day job as the Director of Client Services for Youngworth Public Relations here in NY. When I shared my passion for the harmonica and my participation in the SPAH convention with my new boss he was really intrigued. I asked him if he could help me in any way with getting some pre-convention publicity happening in the St. Louis area. He said he would be happy to help. So I drafted a press release and he fine tuned it a bit. Then he had some other senior level guys here at the firm "pitch" the story to local media outlets in the St. Louis area. I am pleased to say that the results are now starting to come in. Right now the Suburban Journal and the Post Dispatch newspapers have shown an interest in covering the convention in some way. Nothing is finalized yet but the conversations have started! I have the feeling more inquiries will surface soon as we are now just a week away from the start of the convention. Thats the key to this PR game, you want exposure but not too soon or too late. Now is game time!

What is a definite so far is that AM radio station KFUO-AM 850 will be doing a live interview with yours truly tomorrow morning, Tuesday 8/5 @ around 9:45 in the morning. KFUO is the nations longest continually running religious radio station. Their current format is Christian Inspirational Talk. It will probably be around a 10 minute interview. I will be sure to mention the gospel connection with the harmonica and how Phil Duncan will be doing a couple of seminars with a gospel theme this year. Hopefully I will also be able to mention Phil's new CD "Unexpected Blessings" as well. If you go to www.kfuo.org you will see that this will be streamed on the world wide web as well.

So if you have a chance tune in and see what we talk about! Wouldn't it be nice if we get a few listeners that turn into participants at the convention.

Hopefully I will have more to report as the week goes on. The countdown continues!

Warren Bee