Re: [Harp-L] Super Chrominica Plastic Box

Hello Colby -
I'm not really a historian of the chromatic, but I can tell you that I have a Super Chromonica with its original box exactly like that.  I inherited it from my Uncle who left it when he went to Korea and never returned home.  We (my family) figured out that he must have bought it late in 1949.
Unfortunately, that harp has a cracked comb, so I just keep it around for display and inspiration - my Uncle was quite an artist on many fronts, the harmonica included.
Now I don't know when they started that box design or when they moved on to the next one, but that might help your search.  Good luck and be sure to report your findings back to the group.
Mark Russillo
a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid