Re: [Harp-L] re was whammer jammer--now learning new songs

If you use iTunes and an iPod (not really a cheap boom box), you can optionally set the start and stop times in iTunes for the song by selecting Get Info, Options and enter the desired Start Time (eg. 00:15 will skip the first 14 seconds).

Like Bill Hines suggested, I use Audacity software all the time now to extract various parts of a song for learning.  I then add these 'Harp Exercises' to my iTunes library and to my iPod.

Instead of Boom Box, a few years ago I bought a Tivoli iSongbook that is an AM/FM radio with an iPod docking station and nice external stereo speakers.  This ain't cheap either, but I never use my cheap boom boxes anymore, and use the heck out of my iPod and iSongbook (and headphones!).

Ken H in OH