From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hazcon
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:18 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Shaker microphones

Have just finished shifting house and during the packing came across a Shaker mike that i bought about 5-6 years ago.Thing was i could never
get it to work.At the time i had some vague idea it was an impedance mismatch
so put it to one side to look at later.Course not exactly being a human
dynamo i never got round to it.
I have been to the Shaker web site and it says that
its crystal mike (mine) is set up for high Z.That means it should work into
a guitar amp imput?No luck into my Fender Champ (reissue)
Anyone have any experience with these mikes that might
throw some light on my problem

Thanks
Rick
in NZ