RE: [Harp-L] re was whammer jammer--now learning new songs

Jimmy,
"Is there such a thing as a cheap boom box where you can rewind, not
just to the beginning of the song, but rewind to parts of the song? "

Most cd players will let you 'rewind', I do it all the time. Some don't
show you the time signature though so you know where to go back to. Most
of the time, you can just hold down the track forward/backward buttons
to do this, or else there will be dedicated buttons for it. I haven't
found one yet that doesn't have that feature.

But I had the same problem, being sick of the mooka looka rap at the
beginning. So what I do is pull the track into Audacity and extract out
the parts I want. For Whammer this is everything except that bottom
part. But when I was learning the beautiful solo on Can I Sleep In Your
Arms tonight, which is at the very end of a pretty long song, I just
yanked that part out into a separate MP3 using Audacity and put it on a
cd with other solos I was learning, and on my mp3 player (my phone).

Congrats on getting through Whammer Jammer!

Bill