Re: [Harp-L] Shaker microphones

RIck,
It doesn't matter if it's Hi or low Z, it'll still work in any amplifier
ever built.  You mentioned something about a impedence
mismatch.......there's no such thing as far as getting a mic to "work".   A
mismatch would only mean getting the most out of the microphone in regards
to drive and grind etc.
If that Shaker is a crystal then don't fret if you want to save the shell
because you can replace that Shaker crystal for about 5 bucks.   They're the
modern day Asian junk crystals with no low end whatsoever.
The dynamic Shakers are better  throughout the tonal spectrum.