From: 46long Blake <46long@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:56:17 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Side VEnts

Quick question - apart from acoustic volume, what is the purpose of side
vents on a harp?  I know that Marine bands come with them, but now I'm
seeing some customizers creating side vents on Sp20s and Golden Melodies.

See, the thing is, I find that the side vents make getting a completely
airtight seal on a cupped mic essentially impossible. As a result, I've
taken to putting little strips of electrical tape over the side vents on my
marine bands.  Anyone else given this any thought?

- Blake

--
http://www.myspace.com/46long
http://www.46long.com