Re: [Harp-L] To be Heard... In a rock band

I've adopted a techinique used by jazz sax players which is to have a 1/2
PA.

I use a small mixer with a tube pre-amp and comressor through a powered PA
apeaker.

The PA speaker is a JBL EON 10 and will cut through just about anything at
any volume.

Another possibility is to get a keyboard amp. This is basically a PA in a
box however I have not see a keyboard amp with as much flexibility to add
effects as with the PA approach. Some keyboard amps are made to be set on
ultimate stands too.

Note that if you want to adjust the controls on keyboard amp you cannot do
that remotely where you can with a1/2 PA.

The 1/2 PA takes a little more setup time.

Both setups allow you to add additional speakers including subwoofers if you
want to go big.

With the 1/2 PA you can expand to a full PA and and provide sound for a
small group.

Some small PA speakers like the EON 10 are shaped to double as monitors.

 Best thing is to go for a test drive at your local music store and see what
fits your ear and your needs.