Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 covers/Customs

fjm wrote:
> I'm with Frank.  I don't like the covers or the comb.  No side
> vents on the covers and the hole spacing is too wide and tall on
> the comb.  Plain ordinary square holes are my preference.

I don't like the covers, but in my case I prefer full length covers,
like the Golden Melody or the Meisterklasse or the Suzuki Promaster.
For what it's worth, Rupert told me that you can fit other Seydel
covers onto the 1847 body, such as the Session or the Favorite covers,
but at the time there was not a convenient place to buy covers only.
That may have changed.

Not that it matters, but I like the comb.  Still, I can't see a good
reason to abandon my Golden Melodies.  They're far cheaper, and I don't
really have longevity issues with my harps.  Handmade Hohners are still
easier to set up for overbends, IMHO.

-tim