Re: [Harp-L] Recording setups

I use Macs for recording and video.
I have g4 power mac tower and a new IMac.
I use Finale, Digital Performer and Peak.
The Mac comes with Garage Band, Iphoto and IMovie.
If you want 8 in and 8 out I suggest a used 828 by Motu.
You can get one used for about $200 I also suggest a small mixer to boost
the input. You can mix internaly with software and I do that a lot.

Imovie on the IMac will let you use the internal mic and camera to send it to
you tube with a click of the pull down menu.Garage band I think lets you access
the internal mic also.

Check out this video and live studio recording that had everything done on Macs.
This is one of my projects called Sapori. I used a 2016 a mic with reverb.
http://student.ccp.edu/student/student24/ED2.htm

Emile Diggs D'Amico
"G. E. Popenoe" wrote:

<I'm thinking of buying computer and software for composing and
<recording.
<
<I have the notion to buy an I Mac with the latest operating system and
<something like Protools LE with a basic M Audio interface.
<
<It is not my objective to have a full recording studio. At most, I may
<record myself and one other player.
<
<Mainly, I want to be able to record and share files with singer
<songwriters and other players.

Gary,