[Harp-L] "Lowlands" CD released

I'm excited to report that Italian singer-songwriter Ed Abbiatti's band Lowlands has released their first CD" The Last call." I played on five tracks on this record, and I was able to explore a lot of things, most of which made their way into the final mix. It's some of my best stuff on record.

The band's style is reminiscent of Rod Stewart circa "Every Picture Tells a Story". I used a variety of approaches with them, ranging from thoroughly acoustic and naive to very electronic and sophisticated.

Harp standouts include "38th and Lawton," with double tracked acoustic harps; "Like a Rose," with a very sweet harp lead on a Low E diatonic; and "The Last Call," where I played a Natural Minor harp through an RP200 patch that adds a tone a perfect 4th below the original; and "Friday Night," where I played two very different tracks into the RP200, one with a low octave added, the other pretty much amped Chicago style.

You can hear the band at http://www.myspace.com/lowlandsband, and find out where to buy the CD at http://lowlandsband.com.

Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com