Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: "Passion" in music/Midori Again/By the Way

This wasn't about "Midori". She was simply a vehicle for me to make a point.

It's about the right to stand motionless, and play one's heart out, and not
be labled as "lacking in passion".

I've given my own son encouragement in the area of showing passion, "feeling
the music", etc. Pepe Romero, another fine musician, and head of the guitar
department at said USC, though not moving much, holds the guitar as if to
caress it, listening to it as if to a woman in the act of love.

I never said that Midori was definitely moving out of a sense of "business"
over genuine passion. I merely pointed out that the barometer isn't
necessarily a person's observable antics, but their heart.

I'm against stereotypes. People's appearances often belie what lies within.

That's all I'm sayin'

BL

Joe,,if this doesn't get posted,,blame that mean and evil fjm,,,  % ^ //