Re: [Harp-L] ?

Smokey Joe wrote:

<I have been going to the conventions for a long time and never heard
<a melody/country/whatever played at the blues jams (it just doesn't
<fit well). I don't think I have ever heard anyone other than me use
<one on a show nite.

If you were at SPAH 1998, Buckeye 1999, or SPAH 2007, you hear me play a country tuning from the main stage on my solo arrangement of "Billy The Kid."  At the same performances at  SPAH 1998 and Buckeye 1999, I used a Melody Maker to perform my piece "Big 17."

I think country tuning fits fine with blues. In fact, country tuning is extremely versatile and good-sounding, and players who've never tried it are missing out on a very good thing that's very easy to learn and use.

Regards, Richard Hunter