[Harp-L] Re: True nicknames

Now I would not be foolish or sick enough to make this up, but Sonny always
called me " Buddy Roll", or Gary Boy, and after a good year of us doing great
(  him doing great, me along for the ride ) he said, man, you doing so good
from  what I's showing you, I'm just gonna call you Jr. - Sonny Jr. - I have
told this  story, but he said," but takes what I give you and make it your own",
ya  hear me boy. Being called Boy was a sign of affection from an elderly
black man  taking you under his wing or in other ways. I did his laundry, made
sure he ate  well, had to have him lose some weight, took care of the money at
the end of the  night, count off 10's, 20's, he had a spot in his wallet for
each, then the next  day we found a bank and he sent the money back home to his
wife Emma, a  beautiful soul who adored Sonny, they would talk for hours.
Wonderful memories.