Re: [Harp-L] RE: Overblowing newbie

Glenn,
Get a bunch of harps and try it on the six hole. Some will be easier than others. Maybe try the five. At this point, your five and six are the overblow candidates. Hell, I still can't overblow anything besides 4,5,and 6 on a stocker, and then all stockers won't overblow.

Dave
_________________
Dave Payne
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Glenn Weiser <celticguitar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi there-

I'm trying to teach myself overblowing using an unmodified stock Marine
Band, key of C, starting with the 6-hole.
OK, so I'm not a harmonica newbie, but I feel like one now, because it's
hard as hell to get the reed to pop up to the OB note. And it sounds awful
when I do.
Speaking as a supplicant with folded hands, my question to the OB gurus is:
what am I doing wrong? Can it really be this hard?
Can you advise, Winslow? Anyone?

Glenn Weiser
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/harppage.htm

 Compose Email: