[Harp-L] Re: nicknames

     When I was little I was Bobby ... or my uncle Paul  called me Bob-o. Bobby lasted pretty much till high school, where I became "Loomie" or "Loonie" -- until I grew quite a bit and became a smash-mouth football player in 11th and 12th grades. Then I was just Loomis. When I got to college and found out what REAL smash-mouth football players were, I decided to write about football rather than play it. Probably saved a lot of lot of teeth ad broken bones that way. But I was pretty much Loomis from then until we had grandkids, when I became Grampie or Grampie Bob. My wife and I did call each other Pooh or Poopsie as a joke that became a habit in our early years. Now we just grunt and mumble at each other and reply "Huh?" or "What?" The golden years indeed. ;^)

Grampie Bob Loomis
Concord CA