[Harp-L] Re: Orange Blossom Special

Hello, Winslow and Others.

I have an arrangement of Ervin T. Rouse's Orange Blossom Special, copyright
1938, 1957, 1965, and 1975, with MCA Music the copyright holder.

This version is arranged by Bob Bauer for 2 diatonic harmonicas in C and F.
The three verses are in C, and the instrumental interlude is in F. This was
from  a harmonica songbook published in the mid-1970s, I think.
I can't remember the songbook's name, and I doubt if it's still in  print.

The Orange Blossom Special is one of a few selected tunes that I kept from
the songbook. I gave the book to one of my harmonica students decades  ago.

The Bauer arrangement looks like it was written for C harp, first  position,
then F harp, first position. It has a comment at the interlude  section:
"chord harmonica-use heavy 'chug.' " The Bauer arrangement may have  been intended
for a harmonica trio (diatonics, chord and bass).

That's all of the information, but the arrangement looks easy enough for a
novice player to try. The only
problem may be the fast tempo. But the student can practice it at a
comfortable tempo first, until it's memorized, then attempt it at a faster  tempo.

If you'd like a copy of the 3-page arrangement, contact me off-list. The
Bauer arrangement includes traditional music notation and harmonica  tablature.

John Broecker
MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx