Re: [Harp-L] Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers

HMMMM

I lived in Nashville when this song came out.

Though the video shows Wally playing harmonica on this song, I would bet you a brand new marine band box that Wally did not play it on the original recording. I would place my bet that that is charlie mccoy. On the original recording, listen to the clean/slow vibrato, the in tune bends and super tight rhythm backing of the original harmonica on this song. Also, listen to the second verse of the song where the studio harmonica player hits the natural seventh note which is not on the E harp Wally (he hits the flat seven) uses in the video leads me to bet Charlie is the man on the studio recording.

I could be wrong but, it is my bet it was charlie, unless Wally got really lucky in the studio mimicking charlie.

randy singer

 Re: [Harp-L] Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers
Posted by: "john" jjthaden@xxxxxxxxx
Tue Apr 1, 2008 8:38 pm (PDT)

Waldemar Dentz (Wally)
Home Base: Tampa, Florida
Wally joined the Bellamy Brother's band in 1983. He plays
bass guitar and harmonica. He also functions as the
Bellamy's road manager.

It's an E harp in standard Richter tuning.

-John Thaden