Re: [Harp-L] Gary Primich ("on overcoming addiction")

My name is Spec20, and I am an addict/alcoholic.  I have been an addict
almost all of my adult life, but I have lived a clean and sober life for the
last several years.  I am still an addict.  It never ends.

To Gary Primich I say: Rest easy, brother.  Your battle is done.  I know how
your illness crept into every crevice of your life, stealing your happiness,
your friends and family, your dignity, and finally your life.  Homelessness,
disease, and death are never far away for an addict.  We can sometimes see
it gaining on us if we glance over our shoulders.

Every morning I get up and decide what its going to be that day.  Will I
drink or use?  Every day for over a thousand days I have decided to stay
sober, but I think I know how Gary Primich or any addict looking into the
abyss felt on his last day of sobriety.  Addiction is a wretched curse.

Rest easy, brother.  Your battle is done but your music lives on.

-Spec20