[Harp-L] PFOS

J Compton wrote: <

Dangit!  Assuming this was done for all submissions, I missed out on a chance for my first sale of my music.  I could then tell everyone I was a professional musician and even sold the rights to one of my songs.  I'd probably have framed a copy of the check and put it on the wall in my office.  Oh well, maybe I'll jump in on the next big blues documentary where the lawyers get involved.

Don't you just hate it when art and law are combined.  Both sides have valid points, both sides have their reason for doing what they do, but there seem to be so few cases where both sides are truly happy with the results.  Someone's always getting screwed, or at least feeling like they are.  Anyone have any examples of where it worked out just right?

Oh well...back to my own internal struggle of trying to figure out how to stick it to the man now that I'm one of the mans.

Jonathan
 The problem is not combining art and law, the problem is greed and a lack of fair play. A songwriting agreement can be written in many ways, making it more or less beneficial to one party or the other, ANY contract can be written in such a way as to be based on fundamental fairness where both parties derive the benefits they should.

Don't blame the law, in this case contract law, as it is neutral. Blame overreaching people who are motivated by greed.

Harp content: I just received Jerry Portnoy's three CD master class and listened to it start to finish. I really like his approach to teaching, to playing blues harmonica, and to music ion general.

Has anyone else used this instructional method on the list?

Walter T. Joyce Sr.