RE: [Harp-L] Re: PFOS - (question) Harmonicas in commercials.

Fred S wrote:
I don't believe anyone has mentioned the classic Levi's 501 jeans ad from a
number of years ago with Tom Ball playing.

I believe Tom has done quite a few of commercials. Rob Paparozzi too. I
bet I've seen/heard hundreds of ads with harmonica in them....wish I'd kept
a list.
=================
Thanks, Fred, for remembering. The second Levi's commercial (we did two) was still,
to this day, the most financially lucrative musical endeavor of my entire career. And fun,
to boot. Don't know if anyone else remembers it, but the catch phrase was, "Your lover
might leave you, but your Levi's will never split."

I have indeed done quite a few commercials -- Lee's, Levi's, Orkin, Disneyland, Honda
and many more, but I must admit the call for them has dwindled in recent years.
Dunno why -- wish I did. It'd probably help to live in L.A., but having grown up there,
I've had more than enough of the place.

In any event, commercials can be a fine way to suppliment one's musical income,
and I wholeheartedly endorse Richard Hunter's recent post on how to go about
getting that kind of work. He makes some very important points.

cheers to all,

Tom Ball
new guitar CD soon - sample at:
http://www.myspace.com/tomballguitar