[Harp-L] Re:shipping costs

Shipping fees can be somewhat tricky for a small time vendor to figure out.
4 things figure into shipping costs. The destination or zone, how fast you want it to gets there,
weight of product and insurance value of product.

The cheapest shipping to Canada is via USPS with no insurance declaration.
I made the mistake of using UPS to return a customers fixed chrome to Canada and it
ended up costing him over $50 in shipping fees. There was the fee for me to insure and ship it up to
Canada then UPS charged him another fee in Canada.

Needless to say I've never used UPS on international shipping again.
If a customer is willing to risk no insurance, a 1lb package to Canada is around $4 USD.

If anybody is making money it's the damn shipping companies. I've insured packages with USPS and
had then mark it fragile only to see them toss it in a bin on the floor across the room. Fricking morons!

mike