[Harp-L] Sleigh's reed tool (was Replacement Lee Oskar Reed Plates )

Ron wrote: I just checked R. Sleigh's website - he doesn't elaborate on what his
kit contains, nor contain pictures of the items.? Do u have time to
describe the contents?? What is a reed lifter tool?? This tool doubles as a reed wrench??
 ? I use feeler gauges for this purpose, if i interpret this correctly.
 ron

Jon replied:

? The
reed wrench/reed lifter tool is a combination tool made from heavy
feeler gauge material.? He has them professionally punched and then he
sharpens a bevel on the lifter end. One end of the tool is the wrench
that fits Hohner harmonicas (as a bonus Seydels too) and the other end
is a narrow tongue (about the width of a reed slot) that has a
sharpened bevel that helps lift the reeds that are gapped close. The
other tool of note is a tuning scraper. It's a square metal rod about
the width of a reed slot with a very sharp hook on the end to take
material off the reed for tuning. There is a nice file for tuning and a
paper clip that has been fashioned with a curve for lifting the reed
when the harp is together. This all comes with some brief instructions
to get you started. I think the reed wrench/reed lifter tool and the
tuning scraper with instructions are worth the price.

Jon