[Harp-L] RE New Folk song (Michael Rubin)

I checked out http://karenmal.com - listened to the Suitcase Full of
Memories, and I think (fellow Austinite) Michael Rubin did a fine quality
job on that track.
Nicely understated, and perfectly fit. You complemented the violin part, and
didn't overplay the thing. nice tone, and a very tasty use of natural hand
and mouth effects. Nice techniques.

I've seen Mr. Rubin play, and yes, he could have easily gone over the top
with his mad skillz... but he didn't - and that shows a real musical quality
in itself.

Myself, I like to record my harp with out all the digital effects, and the
raw tone of a harp can really add to an original tune in many more ways than
trying to just impress other harp players.

Hats of to you Rubin. Nice track. Karen Mal got a good deal.

Thanks,
http://www.myspace.com/choppatoola