[Harp-L] harp suppliers and shipping costs

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my continuing bad experience with Harp
Depot. Still haven't heard a word from them all week despite all the emails
and faxes sent, and phone messages left. Terrible, abysmally terrible
customer service! I run a small retail business and if I provided service
like that I'd be closed in a week. I would never treat a customer that bad.

I've checked out a few other online harp sellers - my biggest concern is
over excessive shipping costs. I've found shipping costs to Canada very high
at some - Coast 2 Coast wants $25 shipping for a single harp that sells for
$27! Ouch! Way too much - makes a harp double the price. Ebay sellers are a
lot better - I've had four harps in one package for as little as $10
shipping. Any suggestions for sellers with lower shipping costs?

I'm trying to compare various harps, so I want a couple more Bushmans -
Delta Frost and a harmonic minor Soul's Voice - and a couple of Seydels.
I've purchased some Suzukis, Lee Oskars, Hohners - and waiting for a Hering
and a couple more Suzuki models to come in the mail. I've even bought some
Meranos and Johnson (you only know when you try them...). All diatonic - not
ready to take up the chromatic challenge yet.

I'm putting my comments on my own blog if you're interested in a novice's
opinion. I'm interested in what others have to say about the various makes
and models, too.

I also got one of the Bottle o' Blues mics. I'm in the process of buying an
amp so I only had a short test of the mic through a Roland Cube 30X. Seems
good - but to be fair I need to try it in different amps. Just want a small
home amp for guitar and harp, nothing for stage. I like the effects on the
30X, however. Suggestions for similar small amps are welcome.

Cheers
Ian

Ian Chadwick
Web:  <http://www.ianchadwick.com/> www.ianchadwick.com