[Harp-L] Old Old Standbys and etc.

I recently bought four pre-war Old Standbys and they have quickly become my favorite harps. Am I just digging the Just tuning or are these a unique sounding instrument.  I am disapointed in the modern version of this harp.  They are Chinese Special 20 knockoffs.  I was doing some searching on the internet and it seems that the old style may still be available in Japan.  Am I correct?  Any Japanese harp players our there?

On another note, can anyone tell me about the Hohner Alabama Blues harmonica?  Is it the same as the Big River harp for sale in the US?  And how does this harp compare to the old MS Marine bands (other than different comb).

Finally, I am wondering if anyone has tried the new brand of harps from Brazil?  The brand is "Bends".  They are not available in the US but I am wondering if I could work out a deal with one of our Brazilian friends to ship me one.

Just for the heck of it, here is my top five harmonica favorites (although my experience with different models is not extensive)
1.  Pre-War Hohner Old Standby (I want to try a Pre-War MB)
2.  Hering Vintage 1923
3.  Hohner Marine Band
4.  Hohner Golden Melody
5.  Hohner Special 20
As you can see, I have not tried any custom models, Seydels, or Bushmans.  Anyone have any other idea of what I should try given this list.  I am also thinking about getting a Chromatic, any suggestions for a rank beginner.

Forgive my ramblings if I am repetitive.  I am just a new player very excited about harmonicas and playing some decent instruments.

Colby
http://fromthedarkvillage.blogspot.com/
Fast Computer Training. Click here.
http://3rdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieZ15dtXoYHvdK3aT5ymTpdiMBosqq5OVxfMVZhUNXdl5WK0/