RE: [Harp-L] Harp Depot - anyone else have problems?

[snipped the original post]

While I don't actually *know* anything, I'll tell you how I *feel*...

Your order will eventually arrive, your credit card is fine, and you'll love your new DF.

Based on what I have gathered over the past year (which is my entire harp-playing career), Harp Depot often struggles with overall customer relations.  For individuals that manage to actually speak with the principals of the company, it sounds like they are treated very well, but general customer relation things like timely and correct status of orders...well, definitely not their strength.  They also do not (or at least did not) tell you an item is not currently available until after you've placed your order.

That's just one piece of the puzzle; the other is the supplier, Bushman.  They have issues keeping up with demand, and have for quite a while now.  It seems to vary depending on key, and purely speculating, may vary depending on who you are.

The combination of the two leads to experiences like yours.  My situation is a little simpler.  I received *almost* my entire order placed March 2007 in two shipments within a few weeks of ordering.  Unfortunately, the reed plate set and draw reed plate only (both in C) part of the order took considerably longer...I mean, is taking considerably longer.  I've gotten a few responses on the status, but only after I send an e-mail asking.  The expected date had been end of August for most of the spring/early summer, but now is...well, I don't know since I haven't gotten a response lately.

Jonathan