[Harp-L] RIP Gary Primich

This news is very hard to take.  Gary was one of the most generous and sincere persons I have ever known.  It ran through everything I ever saw him do.   When I got married a few years back it was Gary who suggested that he play at my wedding.  His participation made it all the more memorable.  Thanks brother.

Gary was true.

He was a great teacher.  Gary saw it as a duty to keep the "oral tradition" of teaching the harmonica to others.  When my friend Jay Ward was passing through town, Gary sat down with him on his couch and made a tape recorded lesson to take on the road.  He would educate his audience as he popped off great renditions of a wide range of artists.   Then he would slam down an original that you would be hard pressed to discern from a classic.

Gary was brilliant.

Take some time.  Pull his CD's and listen. . .His original sound, style and lyric writing are unreal.  The mere pedestrian might listen to his tunes and never understand what's happening there.  Everyone. . Stop.  . Listen.  He was a great player and a great influence on many people.  Mostly he was a great friend to those who knew him.

-Bubba McCoy