Re: [Harp-L] Shure 545 Mic Strange but True

I noticed this as well, but only when the tape covers the vented "slots" on
the side of the top. I assume that those vents allow an amount of sound to
enter from the hand cupping around the mic (I'm no scientist so take that
theory with a grain of salt).
As a solution I put the tape just at the base of the top and down over the
mic body in a way so as to not block the vents. This solved the problem of
the spinning top while not compromising the bass response.

Also, check how you are cupping the mic. It can be difficult to get a tight
cup with your hands on those wand mics and that can also affect the amount
of bass/overall tone from the (any) mic.