Re: [Harp-L] Re: Temperments of other instruments

You're right. They're not equivalent. I forgot that. I do remember setting
up the middle octave, and then going from there, but the octave stretching
was for another reason, depending on the piano.

I wish I'd learned how to tune. I had a couple of spare pianos in the living
room, which were used to practice working on the action. I never learned to
tune before my wife (who had encouraged me to take classes on piano tuning
and repair, for this very reason) decided one day to be in a negative mood,
telling me I was "spending too much time fooling around with those pianos,
and not enough time helping with the housework." I got so upset, I found the
strength to single-handedly muscle both pianos (heavy uprights, circa 1906
or so) out of the living room, through the kitchen, over the sliding glass
threshold, onto the back porch, in a very short period of time. I think at
that moment I could have won the "World's Strongest Man" competition, I was
so pissed. I removed the actions, took them to school for the other students
to have spare parts, and she tipped the cases over and made sandboxes out of
them for the kids. Not one of my finer moments. Haven't had a piano since.

Yeah,,stretching,,

I probably should have done some stretching before I moved the pianos.

BL