Re: [Harp-L] Questions about Audix Fireball / Audix Fireball V

Will,
One thing is that volume controls (Chinese made) are very cheap and can be
had retail for $1.99 at some stores if that clarify's part of your question
and then add the whole mic being made there and what D said is the result.
Cheap.
Crap is crap no matter where it's from.  Take the Mexican made SHure
Controlled Magnetic elements.  Pure garbage.

Right now I'm making a mic for Charlie Musslewhite and in NO way would I use
anything but an American made mic element with precise American tolerance
quality control.   I know which modern day ones to get and of course the old
vintage ones.   The quality control in the metallurical  makeup of the
copper and the magnet is where the tone and power output starts in a
microphone element.
 NO country can make a mic element with such power output and full tonal
range than an element made in the USA.  Been there, saw it, heard it, made
it and done that.

Went a little far with that, but I'm a mic nut.  I can't help it.