Re: [Harp-L] Mackie SRM-350

I,ll have to second that I've used one (450) for several years, for when I can't plug into the PA and usually have no problem being heard. My next musical purchase will be a 350. I tried one a few months ago with a harmonizer which had an octave in it. The low notes (octaves) were seriously smooth for such a small speaker. I was simply amazed............................................................Dane Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Klein" <harmonicacraig@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 9:41 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Mackie SRM-350

Fellow Reedheads:

If you are looking for a GREAT p.a. speaker, or a personal monitor ...
hell! even a bullet-proof harp amp;
try a Mackie SRM-350. You'll LUV it! The bass response is nothing short of
amazing, for something this small.
http://www.mackie.com/products/srm350/
I have plugged my Astatic into it, direct, for loud sit-in situations and it
is WAY, WAY acceptable, for "solid-state"!
The input jack will accept either a "1/4" TRS male plug OR an XLR (3-Pin)
male Microphone plug! You switch the button from Mic to Line. It has an
XLR output that is a LINE output, even though the output is XLR! So, to go
into a board, you need to get an XLR female to a "1/4" male cord! I am not
affiliated with the company ... I just appreciate good gear! My keyboard
player uses one of the bigger SRM-450's for a monitor, and that sounded so
phat, I jumped on the 350's! Kids and older brothers ... take this timely
tip! For the record ... I managed to get a VERY convincing Chicago Tone
using the Boss Bassman Pedal into this thing! I would imagine that one
could sound GREAT clean through the thing, using a Fireball for both harp
AND vocals ... with a little analogue delay thrown in to phatten things up!
Hope this helps those lost in the search for harmonicaversatility! All that
said ... you better have a pretty hot/nasty mic to begin with, if you plan
on using the direct plug-in method! I have used an Audix i-5 (like an
SM-57, but with more cajones!)
straight into it to play reggae and do backing vocals;)

For the record ... NOTHING beats a good tube amp for THAT sound; I'm just
trying to share some bulletproof tips for road dogs and all who can't afford
/ would be LOST if their tube amps break down ... and they WILL!
--
Peace, Love and Freedom! - Craig