[Harp-L] Re: Bose PAS system

I just helped installed one of these systems at a church last week and it was used for one youth group service (4-5 songs by a  high school band).

  I'm impressed with the system. With no monitors I'm able to walk the entire stage and hear everything nearly equally regardless of my position. Even at a 90 degree angle to the speaker you hear it clearly - its amazing.

  As far as inputs go it is limited but its no big deal. We're using a mixer as we always have and running the output from the mixer to the Bose. This still allows the sound to be controlled by me from the sound board. Trust me, this is a good thing with high school bands. Try giving a 17 year old guitar player the volume knob and see what happens ... and don't get me started on the drummers, they know two ways to play, loud and louder ;-)

  Of course we still have all the other inputs to the Bose open so that if someone wanted to do a small solo show they could plug in directly and use the small control that comes with it to set their levels.

  So far I'm sold on it.

  Jim McBride

Building a website is a piece of cake.