RE: [Harp-L] Re: Ghost Notes/Hush-Hush

I thought I might evoke some expert opinions when I stated my scepticism
about those ghost frequencies. I'd like to thank jazmaan, Ralf, Robert,
Larry and Winslow for taking the time to offer their explanations and advice
(I hope I didn't miss anyone). I'd lost sight of the difference frequency
nature of the ghost frequencies and so my thinking was inverted. Smaller
difference equals lower frequency not vice-versa! Also, using a JI harp and
an amp help to demonstrate the effect. Now I just gotta figure out ~how~ and
~when~ to apply it!

So how does one draw on two adjacent holes and bend only one? If the two
holes were separated by 1 or more holes a more skilled player than I could
use a tongue block split to isolate the bend to one side. Even I can take
advantage of the fact that the 3-hole draw bend is much deeper than that of
the 4-hole draw in creating a differential bend between the two holes. But I
can't keep the 4-hole unbent whilst I bend the 3-hole down to any
significant extent.

I'll leave the question  as to "when" to use the difference tone effect for
another discussion.  8^)

Michelle