Re: [Harp-L] Re: Ghost Notes/Hush-Hush

Michelle wrote:

> I admit I'd be less doubtful if someone could offer a plausible
explanation
> as to why the "ghost note" descends while the bent notes ascend in
> frequency.

The ghost note is a difference tone, it's frequency is the difference
between
the two tones he plays. When he bends the lower tone down, then that
difference is bigger than that between the unbent notes. Then he
"releases"
the bend upwards, and that way the difference becomes smaller - in other
words: the tone of the difference note goes down.

Seeya,
Ralf