Re: [Harp-L] How many?

I've considered that, though to simply "cease and desist" isn't going to
happen, since I enjoy playing, the management likes my playing, as do many
of the customers and other employees. It's just something I do. I also like
to play in public, on the spur of the moment, and I rarely get anything but
compliments and positive responses. I honestly can't say that I've been
confronted negatively ever, other than through this young lady, and once
from one of the store truck drivers, who asked that I not play until he
left. Music is something I do to be happy, and what I've noticed since
working at the store, is that my happiness seems to rub off on others. I get
these comments constantly, that I'm "the happiest man in the store", even
that people come there BECAUSE of me. A Korean woman comes in a lot, who
says that when she sees me, she is happy, because I'm happy. I whistle a lot
also, to the store music, harmonizing, riffing, etc. It's a habit that I'm
known by. People say that they can always tell where I am. Because of all
the positive feedback, I'm not too concerned about who's having a "bad day",
unless they tell me. If someone shows a dislike for my whistling (I'm
thinking of one guy in particular, an employee who mimicks me if I'm
whistling in his general vicinity), I've noticed that they are often simply
cynical types, who have a grudge against anyone enjoying themselves. This
isn't just my own perception.

Interestingly, there's a passage in the bible about David the King dancing
in the street, and this woman sees him, and despises him in her heart. He's
having way too much fun,,,

By the way,,my wife's from Pennsylvania,,Lock Haven. She's a bit challenged
in the fun department I think,,haha. I've had to change that somewhat, to my
credit. Three kids later, she's "having fun yet", more so than when I met
her at least. The only music she knew when I met her were church hymns, and
things like "When You Walk Through a Storm",,etc,,things that were on the
agenda in her early singing days. Now, she knows classical, jazz,
blues,,,still has some reservations when it comes to things other than
church hymns, though.

She likes it when I play harp, only because she sees other people liking it.
She's that way,,very conscious of what other's feel. Me,,I'm more on the
side of being a "guerilla fun dispenser", to the extent that I am able.
These days, I think people are too wound up over things, and I like to give
them a reason to "wind down" a bit, if possible, tactfully speaking. It's in
the timing, and the situation, just like the music itself.

BL