[Harp-L] SPAH future cities

Jerl said "What city would you like spah to be held in the future."
I'm new to all this, but will just mention that as someone who attends
over 20 conferences a year for business, my absolute favorite convention
city is Louisville, KY.  I've actually attended 3 different
organization's conventions there....though all were music/entertainment
related and involved late night noise, and I sat on part of planning
committee for 2 of those.

The facilities are outstanding, the people are lovely, plenty of dining
options, the hotel rooms at the Galt House are massive, the performance
spaces are great, airfare is cheap from lots of major cities because of
a few discount airline hubs (It cost me $127 for my flight there later
this month), great unusual jam space options (like the Belle of
Louisville paddle boat) and it's centrally located.  Also, lots of
things to do in the immediate area for side distractions like Churchill
Downs & Louisville Slugger Museum.  The most similar conference to SPAH
was a Barbershop conference I attended (not for biz...with my late
father who sang barbershop) ...people joining up in hallways and lobbies
and elevators singing tags at all hours and tons of late night private
parties.  The hotels could not have been more gracious and accomodating
about it.

I'm sure I sound like the convention & visitors bureau, but I've been to
conventions in probably 150 cities, and it is my favorite.
 Nancy