Re: [Harp-L] Pre-War "Old Standby" ?

-- "jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx" <jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I just got four old Hohner Old Standbys.  They are a little rusty but sound wonderful.  They have a 6 pointed star in the middle of the trademark.  Does this mean that they are before the war or whenever Hohner quit using the star on Marine Bands?  I think that these are Just tuned.  They tuning sounds like my Hering Vintage 1923.  Anyone have an opinion on these?

Colby

Hi,
Those are pre WWII harps for sure because of the Star of David there. These, like the MB's of the same year are tuned to 7 limit just intonation, which Hohner used on all their diatonics except for the GM's and Soloist tunings until 1985, and the exact SAME tuning being employed by the Heing 1923 Vintage Harps. I have each of those and they play really well.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com